My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://noelleodesigns.com
and update your bookmarks. Thanks!

17 January 2008

beautiful film week-thursday


My pick today is A Town Like Alice. It is an Australian mini-series from 1981, based on a book of the same name by Nevil Shute. I cannot say enough about this 5 hour masterpiece, beautiful, touching, romantic- a truly brilliant story. The silly thing is I don't think it is available on DVD- only VHS, occasionally it plays on TV, that is how I caught it the first time (on a tip from my sister-in-law). I think your best bet getting your hands on a copy might be your local library. Whatever it takes to find it... it's worth it.

Here are a few beautiful but disturbing film suggestions. I was moved and haunted by both of these films.
Munich
City of God

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails