My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://noelleodesigns.com
and update your bookmarks. Thanks!

09 March 2010

a special kind of gift

I can't take credit for piecing this quilt. I was in the right place at the right time (and I suppose the right person too). My mother-in-law Jan was cleaning out her covetously crowded sewing room and passed these pieced squares onto me- perhaps sick of looking at them, lost interest in the project, moved on to pink and blue... In any case, all I had to do was sew them all together and voila... I've got myself a quilt. As my mentor, I love any color combo she comes up with and this quilt is no exception. Sparkly and fantastic color palette- well chosen, my friend.

I don't know if Jan had a plan or a specific pattern that was meant to come through in the end. As you can see I just went with whatever square was next on the pile, jumbled it all together. The Corn Wagon Quilt Shop did the machine quilting, I like the variegated thread- ties it all together, takes it to the next level...
It's a bit snobby to say the quilt is all mine, it's not really... I was just kidding. Actually, it's headed to my folks Bed and Breakfast, Slot Canyons Inn in Escalante. I personally, am running out of wall space, but it's going to fit right in and look great on a wall with some red rocks just outside the window, after I get the binding on...

1 comment:

emily sparks said...

cheers to you! it is beautiful! love it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails