My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://noelleodesigns.com
and update your bookmarks. Thanks!

03 December 2008

take the pledge

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org
I took the pledge last year and am even a firmer believer a year later. With the economy in the state it is in and the Christmas season is upon us, it is more important than ever to make gift giving meaningful.
I read an excellent article called "The Frugal Teenager" in the Sunday Styles section of the New York Times a few months back that has stuck with me. The gist of it was- cutting back isn't necessarily a bad thing, it's a wake up call for the overindulged next generation as well as ourselves. Kids expressed that spending quality time with their parents was a gift above and beyond any material gift. They may not express it that way now, but they'll thank you later.
So think twice about your gift giving this year, take some time and make something- even better make gifts together, with your family- for each other.
One of my favorite quotes:
Memories mean more to me than dresses. -Anne Frank

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails