My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://noelleodesigns.com
and update your bookmarks. Thanks!

05 June 2011

silver bed.done.

M's silver bed- all done and put back together. I'm really glad we did the extra work to get it silver, it's much sassier than the plain wood. It's probably a good thing we let the paint dry an extra day, the finish was smooth and hard, not likely to scrape off like half dry paint that just comes right off when accidentally scratched- it's happened to me too many times with walls and such. 
Now I'm on the lookout for a cute desk to replace the beat up drafting table in the corner and a night stand to go in place of the ikea bins she's now using (to the left of the bed) for the alarm clock, 22 tiny bottle of lotion and whatever book she's reading.

The quilt is from TJ Maxx, I knew we probably needed bedding with a white-ish background, with the walls and their super purpleness (chosen specifically and carefully by M herself), and all. We'll work on pillow shams and not just pillow cases soon. But for now, for the first time in 11 years of life- she sleeps with a smile on her face in her giant (no more twin-sized) cozy princess bed in a neat, tidy room she organized by herself and that will hopefully stay that way all summer long.

3 comments:

steph said...

Cute,cute! I am re-doing and moving kids around this summer....they are on my case to get it done, cuz you know, it should only take a day or so! When are we gonna see you this summer? We need a plan!

Lisa said...

I wondered what was leaning up against the sports shack! M's bedroom looks great. I bought Aubrey's bedspread from TJMaxx too. They both are super cute. I'm planning on seeing shutters when I return on Saturday... :)

noelle said...

Thanks ladies, the shutters are next... Painting flowers on the outside of your house is a risky move, neighbors might hate you, you might hate yourself- so- I proceed with caution.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails