My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://noelleodesigns.com
and update your bookmarks. Thanks!

15 January 2007

I love winter



I must say- I love winter. I don't get bored, restless or depressed.
Here are my favorite things about winter:
*fresh snow, lots of it
*skiing and snowboarding
*warming up by the woodstove or fire
*hot chocolate-all flavors
*watching movies
*catching up on unfinished daily chores
*snuggling up to a book
*not having any yard work to do
*my birthday
I had to go to work yesterday, up at Sundance, there weren't very many lessons- so I got to free ski. I was all bundled up, prepared for the below freezing weather, so I decided to take a few runs. I went up to the back mountain, so bundled up no one knew who I was... this was a bonus. There were just a few others on the mountain, it was a Sunday morning and probably -10 F. I fell in love with winter all over again.
When I was a child living in New Hampshire, we used to have "snow days" all of the time. We would cheer at the prospect of no school and a day of outdoor fun ahead. I would bundle myself up and go out to play, sometimes with my brothers and sisters, but most of the time I would wander off by myself and explore the deep forest behind our house. I would trudge around for what felt like hours-it was probably 10 minutes-and marvel at the beauty of a fresh untouched snowfall and winter, in all it's glory, all around me. Yesterday, I felt like a kid again, all by myself enjoying the winter wonderland, skiing thru the trees, watching the moisture in the air crystalize and sparkle, carving huge turns as fast as I could down the mountain. It was so cold every tree branch was crusted with crystals of ice, the snow crunched and crackled under my skis, the light and fluffy crud that was so fun to make turns in. I loved every minute of it.

3 comments:

BH said...

Amen to that sister. What's your major? Do you want to go out?

noelle said...

Thanks BH, you are the best... (say this with a Nacho Libre accent)

Sabrosa Cycles said...

i miss snow. good toast...(say tht with a Nacho accent)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails