My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://noelleodesigns.com
and update your bookmarks. Thanks!

18 August 2010

the next act

Back to real life- after a few weeks of vacation 'real life' will always leave one breathless. Lots of catching up to do- yard work, grocery, school shopping, cleaning, soccer practice, kids on a better schedule so they can get up without too much trouble when school starts next week... blah, blah, blah... boring. What I should be doing is sewing. I need to get busy making up some messenger bags, like the one shown here. It's not that I don't enjoy the process, it's just the getting started part that is so tough. Too many summer fun distractions.
One would think I have plenty of motivation for locking myself in my sewing room, I have a stack of media ready to go to while I sew- Glee, season 1(and another 90+ movies in my Netflix queue), then Anna Karenina (audio version) that I've just barely started- I've never read it before, Dragonfly in Amber (audio and book version) the second book in the Outlander series, I cannot wait to start it. I spent my weeks at the beach entirely submerged in Outlander, I happily left the real world behind- and lost myself in this book, great read to get lost in by the way.
I've also just started Little Bee (our book group book) so far it's very good, but I only have the print version, and now that I'm back in the real world I need the multi-task version (audio). What I really need is a Kindle so I can go back and forth between listening and reading (the old fashioned way) and focus on one book at a time.
There are just not enough hours in the day.
So, here's to motivation, let me see if I can pull it off making some messenger bags this week and get my kids into bed before 11 pm every night.

1 comment:

VaLene Hulme said...

Milly is so excited to use her messenger bag for school - one that you made. It is so cute. Hey, I don't even know what time my kids go to bed anymore. I've become completely neglectful and just tell them to turn out the lights, please.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails