My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://noelleodesigns.com
and update your bookmarks. Thanks!

08 December 2009

Atlas Shrugged


I've been spending lots of hours sewing these last few weeks- or months- I can't recall, it blends... Anyway, I've done some serious viewing- (really working my way through the netflix queue) and even more listening. I just finished Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged.
Entertaining, suspenseful and intriguing-perhaps now among my top ten reads ever.
Rand explores the philosophies of objectivism, liberty, altruism; objectivism meaning essentially having a objective reason and purpose for every action you commit. The book is the story of a railroad executive who struggles against the philosophy of not only altruism, but government enforced altruism. But the plot is about more than politics or business. The plot is also a great mystery, the reader gradually learning who is responsible for turning out the lights of world.
One need not agree with all of Rand's views to appreciate Atlas Shrugged, I believe it's meant to be compelling and thought provoking. Much is left up to you to interpret, to think through for yourself.
I just got a little happy flutter in my stomach when read that it's going to be made into a movie in 2011. Dagny Taggert played by Angelina Jolie or Charlize Theron, I vote for Angelina, she'd make a great Dagny- and Atlas Shrugged, if it's done right... an amazing movie. I wonder... who will be John Galt?

1 comment:

Hiedi said...

I LOVE this book. One of my favorites ever.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails